- What should I do if I’m involved in a traffic accident?
There are five steps you can take to strengthen your claim against the insurance company after a traffic accident:
- See a doctor.
- Gather evidence from your accident.
- Avoid talking to others about your accident.
- Don’t accept quick insurance company settlement offers.
- Call Colbert Cooper Hill Attorneys.
- Why do I need a police report?
The information found in a police report can come in handy when trying to prove:
- Cause of your accident
- Identities of drivers, passengers, and witnesses from the scene
- Injuries reported at the scene
- Insurance companies involved in your accident
- Time and place of your crash
Our Oklahoma car accident lawyers can help you retrieve a copy of your police report after your accident. To find out more about how we can help with your claim, contact Colbert Cooper Hill today. We’re here to listen 24/7—just dial (877) 579-6800 or complete our free online form.
- How soon after the accident should I get a lawyer?
Your first priority after your accident should be seeing a doctor. Getting medical treatment not only protects your health, medical records can serve as proof that your injuries are related to your accident.
After you’ve received medical care, it’s important to begin working on your claim as soon as possible. Valuable physical evidence—such as tire skid marks or crashed vehicles—can disappear fast after an accident. Colbert Cooper Hill can collect the evidence needed to get the best results possible for your claim. Contact us today, and let us fight for you.
- Should I go to the doctor if I’m only “a little sore?”
Yes. Serious internal injuries can take days or even weeks to show symptoms. A doctor can evaluate your condition and help prevent your injuries from becoming worse.
- How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit after a car accident?
In Oklahoma, the auto accident statute of limitations—or time limit to file a lawsuit for your injuries—is two years from the date of your accident.
While this may seem like a generous amount of time, it’s in your best interest to seek legal representation as soon as your injuries appear. Contacting an attorney as soon as possible allows time to collect all of the evidence needed to build a strong claim and gives your attorney time to file a lawsuit if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement.