Truck Accident FAQ

  1. What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident?
    Follow these steps after a truck accident to help protect your health and strengthen your claim:

    • Get medical attention.
      See a doctor as soon as you can after your accident. Your doctor can treat your injuries and records from the visit can serve as evidence linking your injuries to your accident.
    • Collect evidence.
      If you’re able, get the names of witnesses from the scene and take photographs of the vehicles involved, the accident location, and any injuries sustained by you or your passengers.
    • Keep records.
      Save copies of receipts related to your accident—including payments to healthcare providers, auto body shops, and even transportation costs related to your treatment. These records can be factored into your claim during settlement negotiations.
    • Call an experienced Oklahoma truck accident lawyer.
      Colbert Cooper Hill Attorneys has the experience and resources to gather evidence about your accident, consult the necessary experts, file a strong claim on your behalf, and fight to hold the trucking company accountable for your injuries. Contact us 24/7 at (877) 579-6800 or complete a free online form today.
  2. How soon after the accident should I get a lawyer?
    You should get a lawyer as soon as you get the medical attention you need for your injuries. Your lawyer will need time to gather evidence and determine the value of your claim before negotiating with the insurance company. The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to collect evidence and prove who was responsible for your accident.
  3. What do I do if the insurance company contacts me?
    Don’t speak to insurance adjusters—even if they’re from your insurer—without discussing your claim with an attorney first. Insurance companies are corporations that increase their profits by offering injury victims lowball settlement offers. Anything you say to an insurance adjuster may be used to try to reduce the value of your claim, and any documents you sign may take away your rights to file a claim.
  4. I feel fine. Should I still see a doctor after my truck accident?
    Yes. Serious internal injuries can take days or weeks to develop noticeable symptoms. A doctor can examine your condition and provide you with treatment to help make sure any injuries you’ve suffered don’t get worse.
  5. Do I have a limited time to file a claim after a truck accident?
    Yes. The Oklahoma statute of limitations, or the deadline to file a lawsuit, requires you to file a truck accident claim within a specific period of time after your accident. How long you have to file your claim depends on a number of factors, so contact us as soon as possible to ensure you don’t miss the deadline to file your claim.

It takes time to build a strong truck accident claim, so don’t wait to get the legal representation you need. Contact the Oklahoma truck accident attorneys at Colbert Cooper Hill, today.